Carbon Offsets Set New Company Milestone for Earth Day 2012
CLEARWATER, Fla. – April 20, 2012 -- Avantair, Inc., (OTCBB: AAIR), the industry leader of fractional aircraft ownership in the light jet cabin category and the only publicly traded stand-alone private aircraft operator, announced that it has offset 15 million pounds of CO2 since 2007 through the Flight TerraPass program. For 2012, Avantair expects to offset more than 1.8 million pounds of CO2.
Avantair’s fleet of Piaggio Avantis produces the lowest amount of carbon emissions in the industry, featuring cutting-edge engineering that reduces the plane's CO2 output by approximately 35 percent compared with other fractional providers’ aircraft.
These offsets equal the CO2 emissions from 1,343 passenger vehicles taken off the road, 767,937 gallons of vehicle fuel or 15,930 barrels of oil.
Avantair was the first fractional in the industry to begin offsetting carbon emissions by purchasing Flight TerraPass for all new owners. TerraPass is the leading retailer and marketer of greenhouse gas reduction offsets. It was launched in 2004 and funds clean energy and efficiency projects that reduce greenhouse gases. TerraPass credits fund three types programs: (1) clean energy such as wind; (2) farm power such as dairy farm methane digesters; and (3) landfill gas capture which reduces the impact of human waste.
Avantair, the sole North American provider of fractional shares, leases and flight time cards in the Piaggio Avanti aircraft, and the only publicly traded stand-alone private aircraft operator, is headquartered in Clearwater, FL, with more than 500 employees. The Company offers private travel solutions for individuals and businesses traveling within its service area, which includes the continental U.S., parts of Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, at a fraction of the cost of whole aircraft ownership. The Company currently manages a fleet of 57 aircraft. For more information about Avantair, please visit: www.avantair.com
617 646 1083
- Avantair Offsets More Than 13 Million Pounds of Carbon Emissions
- Avantair to Present at the 2nd Annual LD MICRO Conference on Dec 3
- Fractional Aircraft and Flight Hour Time Card Operator Avantair Experiencing Unrivaled Growth
- Avantair Announces Closing of a Financing and Addition of Four Aircraft to its Fleet
- Avantair Appoints LIPMAN as Agency of Record for Marketing and Brand Communications
- Avantair Makes a Triple Play
- Avantair Strengthens Fleet with Delivery of 56th Aircraft
- Avantair, Inc. Announces New, Cutting Edge Electronic Flight Bags for All Flights
- Flight Options Awarded Sixth Consecutive ARG/US Platinum Safety Rating
- Flight Options Recalls Pilots to Meet Growing Demand