CLEARWATER, Fla. – April 10, 2012 -- Avantair, Inc. (OTCBB: AAIR), the industry leader of fractional aircraft ownership in the light jet cabin category and the only publicly traded stand-alone private aircraft operator, today announced that its entire fleet of Piaggio Avantis will soon feature high speed Internet. The company is currently enabling its fleet for Wi-Fi and expects the installations to be completed over the next several months.
“From email to movies and music, so much of people’s lives today require Internet connectivity,” said Avantair Chief Executive Officer Steven Santo. “Business travelers are always looking for opportunities to make the most productive use of their in-flight time. Simply being airborne can no longer be an obstacle to online access and we are pleased to rollout this feature for our customers.”
“The Avantair family is very excited to provide this new technology that will make our customers’ digital lives seamless from the tarmac to 41,000 feet,” added Santo.
Adding Wi-Fi for passengers follows another recent advancement for Avantair. The company recently received FAA approval for usage of electronic flight bags (EFBs) for flight crews. Avantair is equipping its flight crews with Apple iPad 2s as their EFBs, which will allow the pilots to eliminate cumbersome charts and manuals and simply replace them with the technologically enhanced tablets that allow for real time updates. This is yet another first for the company and another way to make Avantair even more “green” by going paperless.
Avantair, the sole North American provider of fractional shares, leases and flight time cards in the Piaggio Avanti aircraft, and the only publicly traded stand-alone private aircraft operator, is headquartered in Clearwater, FL, with more than 500 employees. The Company offers private travel solutions for individuals and businesses traveling within its service area, which includes the continental U.S., parts of Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, at a fraction of the cost of whole aircraft ownership . The Company currently manages a fleet of 57 aircraft. For more information about Avantair, please visit: www.avantair.com .
- Fractional Aircraft and Flight Hour Time Card Operator Avantair Experiencing Unrivaled Growth
- Avantair Announces Closing of a Financing and Addition of Four Aircraft to its Fleet
- Avantair Makes a Triple Play
- Avantair Reports Fiscal First Quarter 2010 Financial Results
- Avantair Shows Its Green Side
- Avantair to Present at the 2nd Annual LD MICRO Conference on Dec 3
- Avantair, Inc. Announces New, Cutting Edge Electronic Flight Bags for All Flights
- Flight Options Launches New Jet Club Membership Program for the Phenom 300
- Avantair Announces Two Owner Driven Programs For Its Fractional Aircraft and Flight Hour Time Card
- Avantair Hires Stephen Wagman as EVP Finance and Operations